Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home


In the midst of my graduate degree, all I can think about is working on creating
a sense of home - recovering a couch and two chairs, painting some walls, fixing
up the home office, turning the deck into a garden space. I wonder why this is?
Regardless, I have a few blogs I frequent to curb this craving (even if I do it vicariously).

Apartment Therapy
Decor8
Design Public
Door Sixteen
Design Sponge
The 10 Cent Designer

Some inspirations I'm drawing on for the future-that-is-yet-to-be include:
My couch recovered could look like the couch in the image above. Anthropologie sent me a sample swatch of that material and soft twill would be a lovely fabric for my free couch.
I want vintage/Breakfast at Tiffany's-esque elements in my bedroom.
Houndstooth will be the fabric to cover my $10 thrift store chair.
I have a circular glass table top for the living room that needs a bottom.
I want my deck to become this.

No comments: